Saturday, February 18, 2006

Today's DUH! Award Goes To...

This morning I turned on my computer to check my email. And while I do that, I always open an extra window to read the news headlines. Today's top headline caught my eye. Something to the effect of "The Worst Breakfast You Can Eat" And there's a picture of a McMuffin next to the headline. Now I'm thinking "Oooohhh! I should read this and send it to Art (the hubby) to bust him." My husband is SEVERELY ADDICTED to McDonald's. Only problem is, he's Jack Sprat. And I'm the wife who could eat no lean.
I click on the headline and begin reading. Here's what happened. The researchers at SUNY Buffalo decided to do a study on the breakfasts American eat. So, they tested the effects of a McDonald's breakfast. And here's the kicker: The breakfast they studied was Two McMuffins and Two Hashbrowns. Even my husband, the McDonald's unofficial spokesman, doesn't eat that much. Anyone could tell you that's bad. And who can eat all that anyways?? (Ok, if you're from my family, don't answer that!)

The result of the test: Two McMuffins and Two Hashbrowns causes inflammation of the arteries.

Congratulations, SUNY. Here's your DUH! Award.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home