Thursday, March 02, 2006

My Name is Amy, and I'm and Addict

I have a problem.

About a week-and-a-half ago, I won a "large sum" of money on a scratch ticket. My husband and I decided maturely to first pay off our credit card, and then split the rest to play. I am putting $100 in my son's bank account. The rest will go towards two things: a sewing machine...and to feed my addiction.
If you knew my maiden name, you would have no doubt what my addiciton is. Perhaps the fact that I won this money on a scratch ticket gives you a hint. I like to gamble. I think it is fun. I have never used money to gamble that should have gone to diapers, or food, or any bills. But deciding to put some of my wins on Bodog was an EXTREMELY BAD idea. First, I lost all that money. Let's just say it was a big blow, considering that at one point I had won more than all of it back. When I was down to my last $5 I decided to learn to play Texas Hold 'em (the right way - not just for goofing at family functions). I've become quite good - I've been studying the rules and tricks, and really reading my opponents. But for the life of me, I can't walk away!!! Somebody needs to come steal my laptop and force me to perform my housewife-ly duties!! My vow to win all my losses back is going to put my house into shambles...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home