Tuesday, August 29, 2006

It's My Industrial Strength Hairdryer...

...And I can't live without it!

Ok, what I really can't live without is my laptop. I feel like a lost soul, roaming around my house everyday trying to decide what to do to fill my time without 5 tournaments and constant web surfing and blogging and emailing and... It just doesn't seem as feasible to sit in front of this "real" computer and type type type. Every day I think of a million things that I want to Blog about, but forget blogging. I can barely muster the desire to check and reply to email in front of a desktop!

Besides that, I've been busy. I kid you not, I haven't been home but one full day in the past two weeks. Sometimes I worry that it's bad for James, me "having" to run around so much. I think I got in over my head agreeing to be a part of developing this website with someone I know. I am excited to learn HTML, and using Java and Dreamweaver and all that hoopla but man, I just do not have the energy right now to pick up a book and LEARN. If I took this whole web development thing out of the picture it would make my weeks much less crazy. And I wouldn't feel so bad for James. With this stupid rain all the time, he never gets to go out and play. And man can that kid play outside! He'd probably live in a tent if he could. The kid is a freak about the outdoors. Don't know where he gets THAT from. Certainly not me. My personal limit is an hour tops, unless it's the beach or a park, with food involved. And we all know it didn't come from his father, because he's only outside if that's where the wireless network gets the best signal... (Luv you hon!!!)

A woman in my "condition" should be taking it easy. Especially when you are the mother of a Standring child. That in itself can keep you busy all day. I mean alllllll day. Want a little sneak peak? Today James figured out how to lift our lift-top cocktail table. Then he found my only pair of wooden knitting needles, proceeded to stick one needle inside the leg of the table and slam the table top back down on it. Broke the needle in half. This was after he had reached the wallet daddy left in the MIDDLE of the Dining Room table (no small feat if you've seen the table), pulled out all the Credit and ID cards and scattered them throughout the house in places like his toy mailbox. Which he did only after he asked for a freeze pop, ate a quarter of it, and then dumped the rest out on my rug. The whole RED pop. Which I chose because I thought I was being smart by picking a pop the same color as his shirt. Guess he showed me.

Perhaps this post would have been more aptly titled as "Calgon, take me away..."

5 Comments:

Blogger T said...

I always love a Spaceballs quote! Your knitting needle may have a warrantee on it. Or you can check into brittanyneedles.com

Wednesday, August 30, 2006 11:01:00 AM  
Blogger BonnieJean said...

haha what a ham lol.. terrible twos (good luck :o) ) sorry to hear things are so stressful right noe. it was great seeing you this wekeend though :o)

Wednesday, August 30, 2006 4:22:00 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

STANDRING CHILD!!!! mine: cuts her hair (i think we are about 7 times now that she has CHOPPED HER OWN HAIR!), colors the walls in several different beautiful tones of blue, jumps on the dog, throws her toys down the stairs and says 'but it was an accident', gets into the benedryl cream and smears it from one end to the other, opens the front door and walks out!!, stands in the middle of the coffee table and 'jumps' off, throws the pillows at the t.v.....could i keep going? oh yes, please lord save us from these freakish children, but hey, they do love life dont they LMFAO!! gotta love the Standring Gene LOL

Thursday, August 31, 2006 6:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...condition???

Thursday, August 31, 2006 6:10:00 PM  
Blogger deevahgrl said...

Yeah Spaceballs. Sweet. Sometimes when I get into a scrape I wonder if I also have the Standring gene...I must have gotten it by osmosis!

Monday, September 04, 2006 8:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home