Sunday, July 30, 2006

More Florida Later...Right Now It's Blog Therapy Time!

I just have to get this out or I am going to explode!!!

I have a Pet Peeve. It's probably my biggest one. It's a specific one, so let me explain. I CAN'T STAND people who constantly have to contradict/correct/negate your every statement, just for the sake of argument. Arrrgghhhhh! I know someone who is particularly prone to the contradicting/correcting/negating that I despise so much. I know that such people do not realize what they do; they probably think they are making conversation, or offering up the "correct" info (for these people also always seem to genuinely think they are correct about everything all the time).

And I know that I do not always have the correct info. But I don't make sh*t up. I only say things if I know I've heard them before, or truly believe them as my whole-hearted opinion. I also try to remember to preface such things with the correct "I heard" or "I really believe"...

But last night was just too much! It was like everything I had to say, this person was contradicting me, whether it be opinion or fact. I said I can't stand "Ferro (sp?) Rocher" Chocolates. She said they're her favorite. I said you can make Bloody Mary's with Gin...she said she had never heard of such a thing!!! (Helllll-oooo...it's right on the back of the Mix Bottle! I didn't make it up!!!) We were talking about soldiers who come back from War, and what life is like for them after, and I mentioned that Oprah did a show once and she said that they hardly have any time to De-Compress, compared to like WWII when it took so long to get home, they had time to re-coop. She said "Oh No. They get lot's of special time." It's REALLY REALLY hard to muster up the desire to have a conversation with someone who refuses to take anything you say at face value. It's exhausting to feel like every statement is meant for argument. There's a difference between the "Question Authority" mentality of youth and this downright annoying insistence that nobody but you has the authoritive word.

It's depressing, because now I feel like I need at least a week to cool off before I have the energy to hang out again. And even then, I doubt I'll say much; the pain is not worth the conversation...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm...I think no one has commented for fear of being too "advic-y" or "know it all-y" You're awesome!!

Sunday, July 30, 2006 5:07:00 PM  
Blogger T said...

You can put anything in tomato juice! People even put beer and vodka in it! I beleive tomato juice and gin used to be called a red snapper, but I don't beleive it is a widely used term any more. I hope your next meeting goes better. How silly of you to have an opinon of your own!

Sunday, July 30, 2006 5:42:00 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Few things here-
The second one is the harder one. My opinion totally, but they tend to push you harder than you ever remember the first one doing it. I look toward the future as having ‘me’ time finally. As having ‘me & matt’ time. to have some semblance of a life. I love my girls but I also miss never being just sara. It is hard and it is tuff and it is unfair 95% of the time. is just 2 your magic number? James will never know what hit him, but like most siblings they accept it and love it (at first). My niece is going to be ‘big sister’ and loves the thought. My Jessie was the same way. The 4 year gap between the girls is a blessing and a sin all in one. They are now getting to the point of accepting each other and then Miah knocks down the boundary. But having Jessie as moms big helper was such a godsend some days. As small children they have a tough time anyway as siblings, then as adolescents they seem to come together, as teens they can not stand each other to a degree and as adults lives changes from the blissful relationships built. No you are not selfish for wanting to wait…you are normal just like every other mother in the world.
GREAT PICTURES!!! Miah means “mom and dad no matter what I will never listen to you and will jump, leap, run, fall, scrape, hurt, break everything having to do with my body”
Agh to people like that, sucksville.
Those are my opinions and they are the only right opinions in the world and you should live by them and that is all. Lol.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 10:25:00 AM  
Blogger deevahgrl said...

You can hang with me anytime, and I will agree with everything you say.

Agreed?

Or next time, try saying something completely strange or offensive and just see what the person does...like

"Have you tried that new hair gel, Poo-rific? It smells funny but it's fantastic. Keeps everything in place."

"You know, I've always thought immigrants should be shot on sight."

"Have you gained a lot of weight recently?"

Then just giggle to yourself. Heehee.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 12:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home