Saturday, September 02, 2006

Why am I so soft in the middle...

...When the rest of my life is so hard?

As I type, I am on hold with HP. Stupid, stupid HP. They "fixed" my Laptop alright. They wiped the entire G-D thing...to replace the fan. Then "Achmed ", who replaced all the hard-working people in America that might actually understand what I'm saying tells me that it's Best Buy's fault for not telling the service people not to delete my files. Because a default in Windows might cause my fan to stop working, so HP's policy is to wipe the hard drive first and ask questions later. Uh. Riiiiiiigghhhhhttt. How about the fact that anyone who knows anything about computers would know that a fan doesn't stop working because Windows has a bug? The guy on the Geek Squad probably just assumed that whomever (grammatically correct, yes??) repaired the computer would at least be as intelligent as him, seeing as they have to actually know something about computers to repair them. Like maybe they'd know that Windows doesn't even control the fan, I'm sure!!!! So why would he make a note not to delete the hard drive; it isn't logically necessary.

Know what the worst part is? It's not the files that I know I've lost. It's the files that I don't know I've lost. Know what I mean? Not to mention all the Favorites I had saved, all the music I have to re-download from ITunes (who thankfully took mercy on me and will let me do it for free...I'll never speak a bad word about Apple again...), all of the programs I have to re-install, and all of the files for the Family Support Group that I have to gather from e-mails and download again as well. Days of work. Days, I tell you...

3 Comments:

Blogger deevahgrl said...

"Where is my wife and family? What if I die here? Who'll be my role model...now that my role model is gone, gone..."

HAHAHAHA...but seriously, sorry to hear about your computer.

If it makes you feel any better, I filled in my gradebook with the wrong term of kids today, and had to erase everything only to recopy the correct term.
Bah humbug!

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 2:25:00 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Sorry again, but i feel the pain you are drowning in. oh and itunes will give you back the music....oh cool, how you work that one out? since my 'new table' needs all the music again as well....life is good life is great, let us eat some chocolate cake :)

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 8:35:00 PM  
Blogger BonnieJean said...

sorry to hear about your comp. i hate when they do it, i had it done and lost ALL my pictures along with everything else.. but i was more upset about my pictures.poop. well hope all else is well.. hopefully you and james and maybe art? will be back down soon :o)

Thursday, September 07, 2006 10:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home