Sunday, June 25, 2006

Another Pleasant Valley Sunday

This is what family life is supposed to be like. Sunday morning, letting the poor over-worked hubby sleep in for the first time in literally months. Then a trip to the donut shop for some coffees (because mommy forgot to buy milk), donuts, and a newspaper. Reading the newspaper while eating your donuts, checking out the houses that you wish you could own in the classifieds. Lots of rest and relaxation, dinner with some new friends planned for the night.

And it could all come crashing down at any minute, when I finally have to admit that lazy time is over. Soon I'll have to jump in the shower and head out to the FSG Board Meeting. At least it's at this cute little cafe in the grocery store. Who'dve thunk it, I know, but Big Y has a great Cafe in this particular store. To me, it seems to take the bite off of any stressful meetings we may have; people just seem more relaxed going into this place.

On another note, LAST NIGHT WAS SO MUCH FUN! If you've paid attention to my countdown, last night was Girl's Night (starting at The Mezz). The Mezz had the BEST food EVER! We had Cheese Fondue with Croutons for dipping, Crab Cakes, Meatballs and Peppers, and Chocolate Fondue for dessert. Plus some yummy drinks. I tried a sip of my friend's Mojito. Very yummy! And definitely a bonus to have fresh crushed mint as opposed to mint syrup. I think I'd prefer the drink only with fresh mint.
Anyways! After The Mezz we tooled around on the slots and the I actually played in the Poker Room!!! My friend Nik went too, but we were seated at different tables. I won $20! And then I blew it on the Double Downs. What a surprise.

Must go drink some coffee, try to get the sickly sweet feeling out of my mouth that the donuts left behind.

3 Comments:

Blogger deevahgrl said...

Sundays, in my book, are frequently the best days. :)

Sunday, June 25, 2006 12:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy...I did not know i could read all about you're life here!!! I just sat here reading it for at least an hour. Girl I miss you and happy belated birthday! Gonna see my isisters and parents in two weeks. Yeah! Call me

Sunday, June 25, 2006 9:35:00 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Amy, I miss coffee at the coffee shop. ahh, country life. Chix is not chix unless it has a rough outer shell, belive me i am a chef lol! i agree with ya, but i tend to man the grill during the week as the man is working. weekends he does the bidding with it. looking forward to FL and the challenge results, gotta really start that huh??? LOL oh well, glad u enjoyed girls night :)

Monday, June 26, 2006 8:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home