Thursday, June 22, 2006

Contrary to Popular Belief...

Not all men can BBQ. Just ask my husband. Tonight was meant to be a night on the deck; marinted BBQ Chicken, Corn on the Cob, and Mashed Potatoes. Sounds yummy, right?

Only if you know how to cook the chicken. And only if you don't microwave your corn. If you know me at all, you know that I absolutely despise with all my heart any inkling of undercooked meat. I like my chicken so dry that I look like a dog trying to eat peanut butter when I choke it down. (You know, making that crazy "Cllggaaahhh claaggghhh" sound as my head jerks to the side violently) This chicken was oozing with juice, and quite clammy inside. After we decided not to eat it, I put it on the floor for the cats. They sniffed it and walked away. 'Nuff said. My son was in silent protest about the chicken from the start. Apparently it wasn't REAL chicken. Real chicken comes minced and breaded in a circular shape.

So tonight's dinner was basically Mashed Potatoes, because as I said the microwaved Green Giant Frozen-Corn-on-the-Cob just wasn't right either. Even though I followed the directions (after I found out my Pampered Chef Square Baker was Microwavable - Thanks Matt & Sara!).

Dessert, however, was the Ultimate Redemption. SMORES. Roasted Marshmallows on the grill, complete with Graham Crackers and Hershey's Chocolate. SOOOO hard to stop at two!!! And well worth the un-eaten chicken that left room in my belly!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger deevahgrl said...

Yes, chicken can be a scary food. Left to its own devices, it has been known to sprout feathers and cluck, even after being cooked.

That being said, try the frozen veggie bags that are microwave-able...I think it's Bird's Eye that makes them, and it takes about 5 minutes PLUS it makes you wash one less dish. Good times! I tried the cauliflower and it was delish.

Thursday, June 22, 2006 8:09:00 PM  
Blogger BonnieJean said...

thank god for ur brother knowing how to cook or we would be eating dessert for dinner every night of the week :o)

Smores.. mmm.. yummy!!

Thursday, June 22, 2006 10:36:00 PM  
Blogger BonnieJean said...

hey.. im not working wed.. thats just a general shedule.. i took of wed so that we could go shoppping :o)..

oh and i found a store that you could go to sometime ur down..it was more like colder weather stuff.. but its a store called frugal fannies.. it is huge and i bought 5 shirts haha..

well ill keep you posted, but i think wed is def a go :o) see u tuesday night!!

Saturday, June 24, 2006 6:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home