Wednesday, June 28, 2006

"Some People Are So Touchy"

It appears that making Fat Jokes about oneself is not a common occurrence. Nor is it as funny to everyone else as it is to you. I mean, in my family, jokes about being fat or eating a lot just seem to flow freely. How else do you learn to accept who you are unless you skip right to the source of everyone else's picking point?
But, alas, I have come to realize that other people do not share in the frequent flow of fatty jokes. Here's the deal (a short story):

On Sunday afternoon, we had our Board Meeting for the FSG. At one point, one of the ladies was trying to take some action regarding some event we are working on. Another lady responded by telling her that the particular action she wanted to take should be done through me, and not by herself, as I am (one of)the Chair(s) of the group. Which she followed up with by saying: "You know, because she's the Chair and she's large and in charge." Now, I thought carefully about this for a few seconds. If it were a sitcom, this is the point where the voice in my head would say what I was about to say, and the other voice in my head would tell me it was an ok/socially acceptable comment. So I said it. I turned to her and said softly enough for only her to hear "Are you saying I'm fat?" Boy oh boy, I tell you it was like letting a fart rip in church!!! She got all huffy and was like "NO! That's not what I said at all. Eghhh!" The look on her face was priceless, as if I had offended her with my own Fat Joke.

Hence the title. "Some people are so touchy."

Now, be the first to tell me what movie THAT line came from, and a big fat Fatty Candy Bar will be waiting in your mailbox.

3 Comments:

Blogger BonnieJean said...

im not quite sure the movie.. but she said ur large and in charge?? well i think u look fantastic hehe and i love when u make poeple look like "oh no i porbably shoulnt have dsaid that.. hehe" well i hope everything else is going well!

oh i went to gap today and bought the cutest tanktop for 3.99 and yes i am goign back to buy a few more.. love shopping!!

Thursday, June 29, 2006 6:53:00 PM  
Blogger deevahgrl said...

Darn, I can see the woman's face in my head, but I can't place the line!!!! Come ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN! (I must be craving chocolate)
*approx 60 secs pass*
OOH!! Wait, wait...I got it. Spoken by Rizzo at the end of "Look at Me, I'm Sandra Dee" in GREASE!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Thursday, June 29, 2006 9:15:00 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

I bet it was a priceless situation. Ha Ha so funny

Friday, June 30, 2006 9:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home