Monday, July 10, 2006

Upchuck The Cookies!

This Blog entry's title is dedicated to my Andrea. I'll never forget that summer, and the cruising around town, blasting our Kid Rock and singing "Bawitdaba da bang da bang...Upchuck the cookies!!"

It's a classic example of our own interpretation of lyrics. You know, like "Excuse me while is kiss this guy." Well, the other day I had a revelation. For years, I have pondered a certain portion of the lyrics from "Brown Eyed Girl". I could never figure out what the lyrics "Gunnin' down the old man with a Transistor Radio..." could possibly mean. And then I went to the Blake Shelton concert. He performed "Brown Eyed Girl" as a segue into his song "Playboys of the Southwestern World". And his allocution (Hey Abby- I used your word!) opened my eyes.

DUUUHHHHHH! It's not "Gunnin' down the old man with a Transistor Radio..."

It's "Goin' down to the ol' mine with a Transistor Radio."


...And the world makes so much more sense now...

What's your favorite lyric misinterpretation???

7 Comments:

Blogger BonnieJean said...

well at work.. there was the song on that goes "sing me a song im the piano man" and i sang camera man.. haha and noone has yet to let me live it down lol.. oopss...!

2 more days!!!

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 8:45:00 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Uh Amy you have forgotten what it is like to around Matt? He changes lyrics to every song known to man and to say the least has ruined many a tune for me for the rest of my whole entire life!!!
'Fleas on my dog' is one that he has my entire family singing now though! Some are much to graphic and gross to repeat, but you know what I mean.
HERE COMES FLORIDA GIRL AND FREAKING MARGARITA NIGHT!!!!!!

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 9:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you know that that was like 8 years ago!! AAAAH we're old!

Sunday, July 16, 2006 11:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Thursday, August 03, 2006 3:53:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 1:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

Thursday, August 10, 2006 4:09:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 2:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home