Saturday, July 08, 2006

I'm a Wicked Wiener!

It all started at Subfest, the Fair on the Base. Foxwoods had a Wheel where you could win all sorts of things, from hats to bags, to Buffet Passes, and Show Tickets. Me being the Fatty that I am, I was in line to spin the wheel, in hopes of getting a Buffet Pass. And I did!! (Yes, I jumped up and down, singing "I won a Buffet Pass, I won a Buffet Pass!" - Hey, if I can't embrace and rejoice in my fattiness, then what else do I have???)
So, ok, then Art spins the wheel, and it lands on Show Tickets. He's all like "Aw, bummer. Guess you'll be eating buffet yourself. " But the lady handed him the show tickets AND a Buffet Pass. (I bet it was my song and dance that got him the Buffet Pass.) The Show Tickets were for a Blake Shelton concert. You know, the Country Singer who does "Austin", "Ol' Red", "Some Beach", "The Baby", "Nobody But Me", "Playboys of the Southwestern World", & "Goodbye Time". I love it when you go to concerts and you're all like "OH! He does that?!?!?"
The Show was awesome. If you ever have a chance to go to the Fox Theatre for a show, I recommend it. It's a small venue, so every seat is good. And the prices are fairly decent for a concert, especially nowadays. But the Concert, of course, played Second Fiddle to the remainder of the night. The concert ended, we went to find my Father. He was nowhere that we could see him, so Art wanted to head home. Home?!?!? At 10:30, with Grandma babysitting, knowing her ride won't be picking her up for at least another 2 hours??? As we were walking towards the Garage Elevator, Art mentions that his palm is itchy. I told him that meant he was going to come into money. "Pshaw!", he replied (but perhaps uttering different words). I convinced him the $20 each wouldn't hurt, and that the signs were in our favor already (we had won the night out, and his palm was itchy).
So, we headed to the Double Downs with $20 in each of our hands. I knew that I only had that $20 to last the whole night. Art found a pretty good machine to start, he hit some Flushes and Full Houses, and brought his credits up to over 200. I, on the other hand, was failing miserably. I was down to 30-someodd credits, and losing. Knowing I only had a few minutes left until The End, I brought my bet down to 3 Credits. 3 Credits is the ultimate middle-bet. It still ensures you a cheap enough play to last a while, but the payouts are still worth the money. And then it comes...a Queen and Three Wild deuces. At this point I'm not really thinking, except that the machine beeped and I need to Double Down. So I do, and then...BOOM! The last Wild Wdeuce. FOUR WILD DEUCS!!! I grabbed Art's arm and squeezed so hard. The machine started singing and flashing "Call the Attendant." $600! I would have been $1000 if I was playing 5 coins but, hey, who's complaining???
Not to mention that about 10 minutes later, Art hit a Wild Royal with Deuces, and he came out with $300. There was an Old Dude with a Flashlight that was really excited about us, and kept trying to tell us how to bet and when to cash out our machines. No matter which machine we went to in the row, he was watching us play. After a while I got up and decided to go Far Far Away and try the 9-Line Machines. No luck, but they are sooooo fun!!!
All in all, we left Foxwoods some very happy campers. And to think, Art didn't believe me when I told him itchy palms = money...

3 Comments:

Blogger BonnieJean said...

thats awesome!! iidk i think i need to start gambling or soemting because i could really use some extra money lol..im so stinkin poor haha.. well vacations in 4 days!!! haleluliah (spelt miserably wrong lol) cannnnt wait! well ill talk to you later.. have a good week!

Monday, July 10, 2006 12:27:00 PM  
Blogger deevahgrl said...

Are you bringing your laptop so you can blog latenight, at least?! This family vacation will leave me seriously wanting for some ASR in my life!

Monday, July 10, 2006 4:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

Friday, August 11, 2006 4:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home