Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Rosita! Accident-o! Clean-o Up-o, Ok??

That's how I feel. My name is Rosita, and I'm a Taskmaster.

Ok, not really a "master". Even I have lazy moments (zoom in now as I sit on the couch at 10:45 in my PJs) But it sure feels that way, since I've been home from vacation! Tip of the day: Do not go on vacation for a week and leave your husband at home alone.

Now, really, I'm just teasing. I mean, he's been working 12 hour days, having overnight duty one of every three of those days, 6 days a week. And then coming home and working on our bathroom renovation (with the neighbor- GOD BLESS OUR NEIGHBOR!!!). It's just funny to come home from an exhausting week (yes, having fun is exhausting, as a "single mom") taking care of James all by yourself. You don't believe me??? I'll drop him off at your house for a week, and take away your husband (if need be). Then you can get back to me on that. Now, I'm sure that all near-two year olds are the same, so maybe you understand...Anyways, I come home from "vacation" and here's a few of the things I hear:

"The cats pooped in the Dining Room all week."
"I only changed the litter box a couple of times."
"We emptied the Cubby into the Kitchen. It's kind of just thrown everywhere."
"Can you mail out my Dr. Pepper labels?"
"Can you go to the hardware store and get a switch for the light?"
"Are you going grocery shopping?"
"My Calculus Course is due on the 1st."


Ok, I'll stop there, since I did say "a few".

I'm not complaining. Actually, I'm chuckling to myself as I type. I seriously wonder sometimes if I am my husband's enabler. Like, by us getting married and me becoming a SAHM, I've caused him to become very dependent on me to "take care of things". I know he's a capable person, because he lived alone before I met him. I bet it's a relief and a comfort for him to only worry about having to go to work, and not when will the laundry get done, how will dinner get made, when will groceries be bought, when will the house get cleaned, etc...Not to worry, honey...

I AM ROSITA, THE TASKMASTER.

P.S., Yes, the title is a movie line...can you guess which one???

4 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Midnight Madness....really now you should have made that one a little harder! http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Hills/1867/MMquotes.html
check out the website. vacay was fun, a lot of fun! it was odd being back home after being gone and it went by much to fast!

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 8:24:00 AM  
Blogger BonnieJean said...

happy Anniversary amy and art!!

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 6:28:00 PM  
Blogger deevahgrl said...

Happy Anniversary Honey! I hope your hubby and you have a great event planned.

Thursday, July 27, 2006 6:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

Friday, August 11, 2006 9:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home