Thursday, December 21, 2006

Whhhhoooooshhhhh

That's what the past three weeks have felt like. A Grand Wind that blew right over my life, leaving it in a crazy jumble that I have been scrambling to put back together.

I really thought that following Thanksgiving, I was on a good track. I had nice ideas for Christmas presents going, I had three weeks to get some homemade stuff done, and I was done with the FSG, leaving me with many more nights at home, and far less time devoted to it while at home.


However!!!!

Here I am, hardly having Blogged in those three weeks, and still not done with Christmas Preparation. I still have two sets of gifts to send out...though one is because I thought I had the address, and I didn't and the other is because I forgot to put it in the box it was supposed to go in.

I am at a loss for Stocking Stuffers for the man. I have been to Home Depot, Target, "The Mall" (including Sears), and Wal-Mart. I have three things. My next stop is Best Buy, though how I am going to go there without him finding out is beyond me.

I also still need to get gifts for my Grandparents ($10 Tickets form Foxwoods, and a Pic of James) and my Grandfather's Girlfriend. I think that's going to be some Homemade Candied Nuts.

Still, the point is that this year I really, really thought I was going to be ahead of the game. Although I do have to admit I did about 80% better than last year. That is, 80% of my gifts were done by the "15th Deadline". Not bad for a procrastinator. My hope is that every year, I'll get a little better. Oh, and no more home-making gifts with less than a month to go. It's just a down-right silly idea.


In a related issue comes my New Year's Resolution.

In general, I resolve to become a more "Do It Now" kind of gal. Like, for example, I will clean the house and do the laundry (INCLUDING putting it away) before I play online.

In specific, I resolve to get James' Scrapbook(s) done. Most likely not before the next baby is born, but that's my hope...

I'll keep you updated (another specific resolution)...


On a Pregnancy Note, I just finishied an entire box of (12) Mini Quiches for dinner. Sooooo yummy!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

I AM DONE WITH CHRISTMAS! I AM DONE WITH CHRISTMAS!!! YAAAHHHHOOOO hheh i am teasing ya. it is a crazy time o year! see you sooooo soon :)

Thursday, December 21, 2006 5:24:00 PM  
Blogger BonnieJean said...

hey! im just finishing up.. i thought the same thing.. id start early.. ya i didnt get far.. but now im completely broke scrounging for hours at work to make money..god i hate this time of year! well if u need me to go to best buy for u or anything so art dont find out i can.. or if u need anything else.. i cant even wait for this week to be over lol.. hope all is well and see you soon!

Thursday, December 21, 2006 8:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home