Saturday, January 13, 2007

Help! Take Away My TV!

I've discovered two shows that I realized I should have been watching for a long time now. How could I have not known how much I would like them?

The Colbert Report - I have been a fan of The Daily Show for a long time. But, I don't watch it religiously. After Craig Kilborn left and Jon Stewart replaced him, I found that part of the appeal of the show (to me) was Craig Kilborn. For some reason, his sarcasm seemed more witty and appealing to me than Jon Stewart's. Now, I do still enjoy the show, and Comedy Central has it on often enough that I catch it in re-run on occasion.
But I had never actually watched The Colbert Report as its own show. So last night when I was DYING for something to watch, it caught my eye. And, to my surprise, OMG was it funny!!! Much more in-tune with my sense of humor than The Daily Show. I know, it's more outrageous and less political but I still enjoyed it so much more!


Numbers - Why did I pass this show over, thinking it was just another spin off of the Law & Order/CSI format??? I watched it Friday night. I am very intrigued by the mathematics, of course. Yet, it also makes me a little sad that I didn't make more of my mathematical interests/abilities. I didn't take them seriously in college, and on top of that, I put them to waste studying Math Education. Though that's a blog for another time. The point is, the show has me hooked. Not to mention the fact that Kathy Najimy is in it AND that chick from Rescue Me, whose name eludes me, but I like her anyways. I wonder why she left Rescue Me to do Numbers??


Now, the only problem is that I watch wayyy too much TV as it is. Is it possible to add 2 more shows to my repertoire?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home