Thursday, February 08, 2007

Have I Told You I was Robbed?

...By Adam Vinatieri?

Yes, I know the Superbowl was "eons" ago. But give me a break, I'm a busy lady! Honestly, I know I say this all the time, but you'd never believe what can fill your day when you don't even work. The funny thing I've always noticed about life: you can always handle exactly what you put on your plate. Before, I was working and getting a Master's Degree and keeeping a house. For a short time, I was a working mom, keeping the house and taking care of James after working all day. Soon, I'll be a mother of two, whose husband is away at sea. I'll be a single mom, minus the having to work part. And at each stage of my life, I've handled (or will handle) just exactly what I've needed to. We are amazing creatues.

Anyways! I digress far too much! Back to Mr. Vinatieri and his criminal behavior. I should have known, as my Uncle Ray said, that a "Patriot" would be the one to let me down. After all, he may play for the Colts, but is he really a Colt? Hardly. It will be a bit before we stop instinctively remembering him kicking for our Good Ol' Boys. So, should I have been surprised at the end of the First Quarter, when the most capable kicker we know gave up the five yard penalty gain and deferred to a punt instead of trying for the Field Goal that would have put the score into nubmers ending in 4 & 9? (My square, in case you are confused.) And, following that disappointment, should I really have been shocked (shocked I say!!!) when he missed a piddly Field Goal I could have scored myself, that would have again put the score to numbers ending in 4 & 9??? No, probably not.

My advice to Adam: Go back to the Patriots. By your performance this past Sunday, I think we'd all say it's where you belong. C'mon, don't groan people, you KNOW he performs in true Patriots' Fashion.

By the way, do you think I could sue him for my $125??? I mean I should have won at least one of those quarters, right?!?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home