Thursday, February 01, 2007

Recommendations

If you're looking for some random ideas for books, music, movies, and TV, you've come to the right blog today!

BOOKS
I am participating in a Book Club. Over the past few months, we've read several books. Here are my favorites (I can't seem to underline on Blogger, so I've bolded the titles instead. Just in case you're wondering if I remember my proper citation...) The books are linked to their Amazon descriptions, for easy reviewing:

Pope Joan

A Redbird Christmas

One Thousand White Women

Wicked (This keeps coming up on our list, but hasn't been picked yet; I read it anyways and it's really great!)



MUSIC
Here are my new Music Downloads, since receiving my Christmas Gift Card..

"Red High Heels" - Kellie Pickler
"I Just Came Back (From a War)" - Darryl Worley
"Tim McGraw" - Taylor Swift
"Want To" - Sugarland
"You'll Always Be My Baby" - Sara Evans
"SexyBack" - Justin Timberlake

"Zombie Jamboree" - Rockapella (Once upon a time, in college, I was in Chorus - I know, crazy, considering I CAN'T carry a tune and I know it - and we performed this song. I started singing the chorus to James and he liked it. Now that we have it on the IPod, he asks for it EVERY TIME we are in the car!)

"The Bullet Train" - Choo Choo Soul (Again, for James, straight from the Disney Channel)



MOVIES
Some of these may be crass, but I still suggest them for some down time.

Jackass 2 (The crassiest of the crass.)

Clerks 2 (A great trip down memory lane.)

Match Point (Keeps you very interested.)

An American Haunting (VERRRRRY M. Knight Shalaman at the end...)

The Descent (I didn't "get" the end; it left me very unsatisfied, but maybe you can enlighten me as to why it ended that way...)



TV
These are the shows I "can't live without", at least until they are cancelled...

Men In Trees

Gilmore Girls

Bones

House

Scrubs

Little Einstiens (Disney's answer to my prayers for 30 minutes of peace and quiet)

Blues Clues (Ditto for Nick Jr.)





There you have it. My list of entertainment choices. Try them, let me know which you like!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home