Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Too Much On My Plate

I'd like to elaborate on part of my previous posting. It seems that I have put myself into a "taking on too much" situation without really realizing it. I am currently babysitting a friend's two children (a 4 year old girl and a 18 mos. old boy) on Tuesdays and Thursday, from about 1-6. At first, it hardly seemed daunting. I really felt like I was doing a favor for her, one that I would hope wold be extended to me if I ever needed it. (She is paying me, and I would pay too if it were me.)

I just never stopped to consider that, HELLO! I AM PREGNANT!!! It's been a strange pregnancy, considering that this baby has been more obvious in their presence (from my showing more to the constant movement). Yet, I feel less tied down by my pregnancy. I am less aware of my "condtion", if you will. And it leads to me doing things like agreeing to babysit without realizing the exhaustion it would cause. By the time they leave, I am ready for bed! Forget about running to the market to do grocery shopping, or vacuuming the house, or even cooking dinner. My poor husband hasn't had a real homemade dinner in months, probably since I got pregnant. Sure, I make pasta and meatballs, or tacos, or homemade pizza, but I just can't seem to get up the energy to create a real meal. You know, homemade mashed potatoes, chicken, stuffing, that sort of thing. Not that he minds. He'd be happy if we ordered out every night. Come to think of it, we did do that when we lived in Westerly. And, I was pregnant then, and working. Coincidence? Probably not. Also, it's probably not a coincidence that last time I was pregnant I gained 55 lbs.

Anyways, the point of this post is supposed to be that even though I have over-filled my plate, I am still functioning. Somehow, a representation of dinner gets on the table, the house gets cleaned, the dishes and laundry get done, and James is getting semi-potty trained. (He keeps having slip-backs but we'll get there!) It is true that no matter what you take on, you'll find a way to get through it.

2 Comments:

Blogger deevahgrl said...

Do you think it could also be an oldest child thing? As in, we do it because we've been asked, and even though we could say no, it's secretly expected of us?

Just putting that out there.

Love, Another Girl Who Over-Fills Her Plate. :)

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 7:31:00 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

it tis true. it never stops nagging and you just marc forth.

Friday, February 16, 2007 8:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home