Saturday, April 29, 2006

Affirmations of Myself...And A Contest for YOU!

Yes, you, my readers! I have a contest for you. I have 5 Songs that contain lines that I find to be Affirmations of Myself; either the Me I am , or the Me I Hope To Become in my next life.
If you are the 1st Person that can name all the Songs and their Artist, I'll Gift You a song from ITunes. Even if you don't know me, feel free to play. I'm good for it, I swear! Deadline is Monday AM, when I get up and check the blog. Could be 7 AM, could be 9 AM. That's part of the excitement.

This will be fun!

Affirmation #1
"Well, I woke up one morning, flossed my teeth and decided: Damn! I'm fierce! "

Affirmation #2
"If I shake your hand and look you in the eye, you can bet your ass it'll be the truth."

Affirmation #3
"I feel no shame, I'm proud of where I came from..."

Affirmation #4
"Why am I so soft in the middle; the rest of my life is so hard..."

Affirmation #5
"Startin' today I'm someone I'd be proud to know."


HINT: I heart Country.



While we're talking Affirmations of Self, I have some advice for people out there. Just because you make note of a certain flaw you possess, it doesn't give you free reign to act upon that flaw. For example, just because I know that I have an issue with being late doesn't mean I don't make it a point to TRY DESPERATELY to show up on time for things. And, when I am late, I do not say "Hey, that's just who I am, I'm always late."

It's kinda like when kids think that saying "Excuse Me" gives them permission to interrupt you. I know, I know, they're only little and they (for the most part) know not what they do. But there are a few who abuse the idea.

Having faults is human. Having faults is a reason you act a certain way, not an excuse for it. When you are self-aware enough to know what your faults are, you should work to overcome them. Don't announce them and hone them as a skill, please.

4 Comments:

Blogger T said...

That's not fair! I hate country music!

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 12:38:00 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Amy I have no idea, okay so I have a small idea but not a big one. Where are the answers, I mean you only posted this a year ago...lmao. Good stuff though, good stuff. I want to be somebody I am picturing all the time and for whatever reason the rest of me doesnt want to catch up. Be good :)

Friday, May 05, 2006 4:46:00 PM  
Blogger BonnieJean said...

ok.. i think its about time the answers are posted.. i love country but have no idea what they are.. plus i need something new to read :o)

Sunday, May 07, 2006 4:48:00 PM  
Blogger deevahgrl said...

I think you should have given us more time! I knew a few of those, but by the time I read your blog on Tuesday AM, it was too late.

Better luck next time, I suppose!

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 2:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home