Monday, May 08, 2006

Ignorance is Bliss...

mmmm...Blisss...Ice Cream...Soooo yummy...

That's what I need right now. Ice Cream. Comfort Food. I know, "What about that Family Fatty Challenge???", you say. Well, I'm still in it. But that doesn't make me forget that Ice Cream banishes so many evil feelings. Funny, how when you start to think about the food you put in your body, and really pay attention to how you feel when you want certain things, that you realize completely what Comfort Food is. And I am ok with Comfort Food. I am ok with Celebration Food. I am ok with Food for Fun. I am ok with food.

I am not ok with people. People make me want to eat more food. People make me want to do a lot of things that I shouldn't. Like drink LOTS. And be a quitter. I think that's my destined role in life. To be a quitter. Let's see; in the past two years I have quit a job, quit a career, tried and quit a crafting profession, and now I will quit the Wives Club. My husband tells me I'm just trying to find my niche. Somehow, I think it's more like I am trying to find people I can stand to be around. I mean, except for the Crafting thing, which was probably just a bad idea to start with, everything else I've quit has been because I just don't fit. I don't fit the right profile to be a teacher. I love it, and it breaks my heart to think that I can't be a good enough one, but really, I'm not dynamic enough for it. That's also why I had such a hard time at my last school. Trying to fit into that Team was like trying to fit into my skinny clothes. I was trying to be something I am not ready to be, and perhaps never will be. That's how I feel about the Wives Group now.

Sure, I could give you the blow-by-blow but let's not. Let's just say that I was told to be more assertive and when I tried, I still got ignored. Other people still talked over me and ran the show. Which is fine, in the sense that if that's the way they want to be, then let them. I was doing the Wives Group as a way to get more things going on for the boat, to make more things happen. But if no one wants to hear what I have to say, then I'll just do my own thing. I have a lot of friends that aren't Navy. My family is a short drive away. I don't need to lean on these people for support. And I pity the people who do, if they are people like me, I mean. People who have great ideas and want to help but get trampled on by people who don't know their place, and who think they run the show. I just don't have time for crap like that. I don't need constant approval from people; my family and friends approve of me unconditionally, no matter what rank my husband is, or how much pull I have. And, honestly, I give big props to my husband for not saying "I told you so." Because he could have.

Any suggestions on how you tactfully back out of a leadership position, but still let them know how angry you are at the way you've been treated without sounding petty and causing repurcussions that could come back to haunt your husband when his bosses find out what you said?

2 Comments:

Blogger T said...

Sorry to hear all that is happening, you don't deserve that. I wouldn't see it as quitting, you are just uncomfortable and need to leave that environment. If it were something you could change, then it would be quitting, but when it is something out of your control, it is up to you how much you can deal with.
And you are dynamic.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 11:33:00 AM  
Blogger BonnieJean said...

im sorry ur not having a great time with the wives club.. u know u can come down anytime lol we can hang out haha.. because il ltell u.. i sit at home an awful lot during the day :o(

Ur not quitting, ur just trying to find what u enjoy the most.. and honestly i think being with ur son seems to be something u enjoy the most.. so what if maybe you work with younger children as opposed to older kids?? idk.. u did a great job helping the bro.. so maybe even tutoring for a short time? or being a nanny haha.. idk.. seems kinda fun lol..

Ur lucky to have the family u have thats for sure.. everyone is so accepting and loves u guys unconditionally... sometimes my family can be a little tough.. so dont worry what other people think.. ur doing an awesome job and the people that care the most r the ones that matter most..!

Cant wait for a fun looong drive with u and james! its gonna be soo much fun . .cant wait to see sara matt and the kids.. and the beutiful sunny weather!! (hopefully) well i gotta go but ill ttyl!!

cheer up.. play poker hahah :o)

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 6:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home