Monday, May 15, 2006

Finale Frenzy

When I was a kid, I loved summer. We all did, right? No school, no bedtime, no worries. Even in college I loved summer because it meant being able to go back to my "other" life. The one where I wasn't studying to become a professional and my days (and nights) were filled with Extra-Large DD Iced Coffees extra-extra, various Gas Stations, and Multiple Concerts.

Now I am (almost) all growed-up. I can't even fathom drinking an Iced Coffee extra-extra; I have moved onto Iced Lattes, with skim milk and a Splenda. I look at all the concerts I want to go to and can't believe they are asking $75 for a nose bleed seat; a price I wouldn't have thought twice about "in the old days". The other day had to be the most depressing when I found the Jimmy Buffett concert at Mohegan Sun. Tickets go for $251, $176, & $91. There isn't even a lawn! What good is it?!?! Ever since college I have been desperately trying to get tix to a JB concert. It's a little heart-breaking to find out the price. *Sigh*

So my point is, all the things that made summer what it is have lost their shine in my OLD age. Yes, yes, I am officially approaching OLD AGE. This year is the big 29. My last year in my 20's. I think I need to throw my self a big party, Margarita Friday Style. I'll wait till this silly rain stops and then I can have a nice Porch Party. Now THAT will be like the old days. Heh.

Anyways, I haven't even gotten to the point, the reason for the title. When I was younger, it never occurred to me that when summer came, the tv season vanished. Granted, now there are Summer Series (like "Rescue Me", I hope!) But all the Good Stuff will be gone for months. And some of it forever! My Favorite Show of all time is in it's Final Season; one episode to go. I don't think I can handle it. When "Charmed" goes off the air, it might just be the end of my marriage. I mean, what else will my husband and I have to talk about? We might actually have to spend real quality time with each other. Yikes!

I am so sad that Charmed is over. It's almost pathetic how sad it makes me. Even the end of Sex in the City didn't make me this sad. Maybe I need to lighten the tv load a bit, you think? Come back to the real world for a bit?

4 Comments:

Blogger T said...

I think you shold throw yourself a party!

Monday, May 15, 2006 8:58:00 AM  
Blogger deevahgrl said...

You can always watch Lost...it's amazing. I promise, you'll be hooked within the pilot episodes. Try it out and let me know what you think.

Monday, May 15, 2006 9:22:00 AM  
Blogger BonnieJean said...

im sorry to hear ur show is off the air.. i am mighty depressed that i no longer get to be excited for a wed until september.. a little depressing that i spent my entire week waiting for Wednesday night when my how came on.. so i totally know how u feel and if it ever went off air.. im not sure what id do.. but dont worry i think thwy have dvd's for this reason.. so check out target and u could always just watch reruns or seasons u might not have seen.. or even episodes??

p.s def throw a margarita party!! :o) see u in a few days!!

Monday, May 15, 2006 7:15:00 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Margaritas at my house this weekend!! Absolutely, Absolutely!! But your post hit me and I said man I know what Amy means...I really know what Amy means. I do not in any way shape or form want to be growed up. I love smashed potatoes and saying dicktionary (well okay not that much) but i still get the urge to call someone and ask them if the refrig is running....go catch it then silly!! It would be cool if we lived closer together and we could wallow over margaritas and spend our hubbys money on JB concert cause they freaking rock :) See you soon sis.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 9:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home